- Great Backyard Bird Count, February 15-18, www.birdsource.org/gbbc
- Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- February is National Bird Feeding Month
- Unfrozen, fresh water ensures survival; keep heated bird baths plugged in.
- Red-shafted Northern Flickers, our largest woodpecker, begin drilling holes for spring nesting.
- Put up a "flicker" specific nest box to provide a much-needed nesting habitat and to deter them from entering your attic.
- Bluebirds are searching for nesting cavities or nest boxes. Insects and berries can be scarce; offer mealworms, dried fruit, sunflower chips and more.
- English House Sparrows and House Finches begin early nesting activity.